Square Enix has announced the first wave of pre-order bonuses for the upcoming Tomb Raider (reboot) for North America. If you’re wondering about “the first wave,” evidently in the coming months, there will be a total of three rounds of content will be available for consumers who pre-order TOMB RAIDER. Whether or not these pre-order incentives will be stackable is yet to be confirmed. For now, this is what you will get from round one from participating retailers:
- Exclusive in-game CHALLENGE TOMB - In this exclusive standalone tomb, Lara encounters all new environment puzzles to test her brains and brawn.
- “The Final Hours Edition” of TOMB RAIDER | ‘Director’s Cut’ Kindle Fire Edition: Go behind the scenes in this interactive app and experience the highs and lows as video game journalist Geoff Keighley documents the inner workings of how famed studio Crystal Dynamics went back to the drawing board to reboot one of the most iconic video games in history
- Exclusive 32 page art book created by art director Brian Horton showcasing the art from TOMB RAIDER
- Exclusive “Hunter Skin” that grants Lara a layer of action-movie-style natural camouflage
- Exclusive TOMB RAIDER: The Beginnings Comic Book - Written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by TOMB RAIDER art director Brian Horton, The Beginnings is a 48 page six-part graphic novel which tells the story of how the ill-fated voyage of the Endurance came to be.
- AVIATRIX SKIN: an exclusive 1930s adventurer outfit for Lara Croft, complete with bomber jacket
In addition to these pre-order bonuses, Square-Enix has confirmed that a Collector’s Edition will be made available in North America. However, we will have to wait for the details on the contents of that.
Tomb Raider will launch on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC March 5, 2013.