Naughty Dog and PlayStation have revealed a bit of exciting news for the upcoming survival thriller, The Last of Us. The game is due to hit North American shelves on May 7th, 2013, and along with the standard edition, two new limited edition bundles will be offered for gamers to pick up on release day – The Survival Edition and the Post-Pandemic Edition. You can check them out below:
First up, the Survival Edition
- The Art of The Last of Us - A full-sized hardcover art book by Dark Horse.
- The Last of Us: American Dreams #1 (with variant cover) – First issue of a new comic series that dives deeper into the backstory of Ellie.
- Steelbook Case - Showcasing artwork of Ellie on one side and Joel on the other.
- Custom Chrome Naughty Dog Stickers
- Sights & Sounds DLC pack:
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
GameStop Exclusive Post-Pandemic Edition
- The Last of Us: American Dreams #1 (detailed in Survival Edition above)
- Steelbook Case (detailed in Survival Edition above)
- 12” Premium Statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce
- Custom Chrome Naught Dog Stickers
- Sights & Sounds DLC Pack (detailed in Survival Edition above)
- Survival DLC Pack:
- Multiplayer Bonuses
- Bonus XP
- Melee booster
- In-game currency
- Customizable character items
- Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
The comic and the art book mentioned above will be available to purchase separately online and at comics and books stores. Be sure to check out The Last of Us when it arrives, May 7th, 2013.