If you haven’t been living under a rock for the past year, then you have probably heard of the upcoming android-based console OUYA. Well, the creators have officially confirmed that the console will launch in the United States, Canada, and the U.K. on June 4, 2013.
If you’re planning on checking out the system, you can expect the following items to be included. OUYA includes:
- Console: Designed by Yves Behar , OUYA features a sleek, compact cube design that plugs into the TV. The days of waiting out long boot cycles are over, because OUYA wakes up instantly.
- Controller: A gamer-envisioned and refined, intuitive wireless controller with fast, responsive buttons, triggers that FEEL like triggers, laser-precise analog sticks, a cross-style D-Pad, and even a touchpad.
- Power: An on-board Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset delivers fast performance and amazing graphics for a truly, immersive game experience in 1080p HD.
- Games: Games will be added daily to OUYA into the June launch and beyond. All games on OUYA will be downloadable and free-to-try. The system was designed as an open platform to enable all developers the freedom to create games and publish to the TV.
- Apps: In addition to games, OUYA fans can access their favorite steaming video and music apps including content directly from Twitch.tv, Flixster, Plex, XBMC, Crunchyroll, iHeartRadio and many others.
OUYA is now shipping to early backers as part of a preview program. Starting June 4, OUYA will be available for purchase in the United States, Canada, and the UK through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, GAME, GameStop, Target, and the store on OUYA.tv for $99.99. Extra controllers will retail for $49.99. Consumers can pre-order OUYA today at any of these retailers.
[via: Press Release]