It’s official, the next installment of the “Real Driving Simulator” is coming Holiday 2013. Via the Gran Turismo 15th anniversary celebration, franchise creator Kazunori Yamauchi has announced that Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) will be releasing on the PlayStation 3 this Holiday 2013. Built on a new game engine, bringing new tracks, cars, and a user interface, GT 6 is set to be the biggest release in the franchise yet. Can’t wait until the end of this year to play? Well, you may be able to get a taste of GT 6 sooner than you think. A demo for Gran Turismo 6, which will also be used for the GT Academy competition, will be coming July 2013.
Check out the first trailer for GT 6 below:
All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be in GT6; but 200 new additions will bring the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added over time. As for tracks, seven new locations will be featured in Gran Turismo 6, bringing the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. Just like the cars, there will also be regular additions of new tracks via DLC.
Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features:
New Game Engine
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tire model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day 1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
• Smart Phone
Although this does seem like a good amount of initial information, more news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at E3 and Gamescom.